The easiest way to organise a sick or fit note is to send us an online message.
Sick notes (or Med3 certificates) are a statement of fact reflecting the opinion of a GP or hospital Doctor that a patient is unfit to work. There is no specific threshold for deciding this. The decision as to whether or not you are fit to work is ultimately that of the assessing clinician. Please don’t be frightened to ask for a sick note if you feel that you need one, but please also remember that there is no “RIGHT” to have one.
Fit notes are a statement of fact reflecting the opinion of a GP or hospital Doctor that a patient may be fit to work under certain circumstances. Again, there is no specific threshold for this and the decision to issue a fit note is usually one negotiated between the patient and assessing clinician during the consultation.
– Any certificate given in the first 7 days of illness will be classed as a private service and is subject to a private charge.
– Please try to discourage your employer for asking for medical evidence of illness in the first 7 days of illness.
– If you are an employer and ask for medical evidence of illness in the first 7 days, we will levy a private fee for this.
– Depending upon your illness, we may not need to see you for a face to face consultation to provide a Med3 certificate as a telephone or accuRX consultation can often provide all of the neccessary information. If you would like a consultation to discuss a Med3 certificate, please contact us.
– A Med3 certificate should only be given following 7 days of self certified illness.